What is Myopia?
- Myopia = Nearsightedness
- Myopia is a hereditary eye disease that elongates the eye and increases the chances of glaucoma, cataracts, and retinal detachments
- Genetics and increased near tasks such as cellphone/tablet/computer use can cause myopia
- Due to the increase in near tasks such as cell phone use, myopia has increased 66% since 1971 in the US alone and can occur very early in childhood
- If your child complains of blurred distance vision or squints they may have myopia
- Managing your child’s myopia—both today and in the future—requires more than just vision correction. That’s why we’re taking steps to establish a new standard of care for treating myopia in children called myopia management.
- We do evaluations and measurements to see if myopia management is needed. Early intervention of myopia management is best.
Schedule an appointment for a thorough examination to see if myopia management is right for you or your child.